What is Tuuwa? - Part 3 Traditional Chinese Medicine
What is Tuuwa? Part 3 – Traditional Chinese Medicine
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a style of traditional medicine based on more than 2,500 years of Chinese medical practice that includes various forms of herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage, exercise, and nutrition. TCM is widely used in China, where it has a long history. Over the years, it has gained substantial global recognition. One of the basic principles of TCM is that the body's energy or “qi” circulates through channels called meridians that have branches connected to bodily organs and functions. Acupuncture targets these meridians.
With minimal discomfort, fine needles are placed on precise acupoints, allowing many clients tension relief and relaxation after the first treatment, according to Xu Wellness founder Mark Xu. Mark considers every patient unique and is proud to offer acupuncture and our Tuuwa products as medication-free, holistic treatments for the body and mind.
Chinese Herbal Medicine is the third pillar of our Tuuwa’s Unity of Wellness concept, developed in our in-house Chinese herbal pharmacy with pure, natural, and healthy ingredients.
Clients at Xu Wellness Center and others who have purchased our products on https://tuuwa.com/ enjoy the benefits of our Tuuwa Relief Oil with Herbal Boost and Tuuwa Tension Relief Lotions for Him and for Her, which further target musculoskeletal issues. Our formulations feature many ingredients from TCM:
- Acanthopanax Senticosus Root Extract (Eleuthero) – known as Siberian ginseng, an extract of the root has been used for a wide variety of therapeutic purposes include cardiovascular, mood and energy enhancing effects.
- Achyranthes Fauriei Root Extract – commonly used as a medicine to target the arteries and activate blood. Prescribed for treatment for arthritis, bone growth, cardiovascular diseases.
- Angelica Dhurica Extract – accelerates diabetic wound healing inducing angiogenesis, the process through which new blood vessels form from existing blood vessels and in granulation tissue formation.
- Angelica Japonica Extract -can be applied directly on the skin for treating nerve and joint pain.
- Angelica Pubescens Root Extract (Du Huo) – Chinese herbology classifies this herb as bitter and acrid tasting, with slightly warm properties. Benefits the kidney and bladder meridians and functions are eliminating dampness and cold to ease discomfort. Topical treatment for rheumatic and skin disorders.
- Angelica Polymorpha Sinensis Root Extract – traditionally used in TCM to treat a variety of blood-related ailments including menstrual cramps, blood deficiencies, uterine disorders, as well as heart disease.
- Angelica Archangelica Root Oil – regarded as a cure-all, blood purifier, and digestive protector. Revered as one of the fundamental herbs aiding female disorders.
- Chaenomeles Japonica Seed Extract (Japanese Quince) – also referred to as Chinese Quince, relaxes the tendons and muscles. Also considered a valuable therapy for moisture accumulation, when stiffness is accompanied by swelling, and to help with indigestion.
- Corydalis Turtschaninovii Root Extract – relieves both inflammation and nerve pain, binding to the dopamine receptors of the brain, which control the feeling of pleasure and emotional response.
- Cyperus Rotundus Fruit Extract – referred to as “Nut Grass”, the fleshy rhizomes are used to treat inflammatory diseases, including dermatitis, and to treat digestive disorders, menstrual irregularity, nausea, liver detoxification, and healing.
- Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil – can be used for skin conditions, respiratory system, immune system, nervous system, urogenital infections, anti-inflammatory, and to expel parasite and as an insect repellent.
- Gardenia Florida Flower Extract – the scent of gardenia promotes relaxation and helps people de-stress. In TCM gardenia oil is included in aromatherapy and in formulas used to treat mood disorders, including depression, anxiety, and restlessness. It is also anti-inflammatory.
- Gentiana Lutea Root Extract – heat clearing and damp drying and clearing pathogenic heat of the liver and gall bladder; gastrointestinal inflammation.
- Gentiana Scabra Root Extract (Gentian) – aids in digestion, wound healing, also used as a liver tonic and digestive aid.
- Olibanum (Frankincense) -from Boswellia tree, moves blood and Qi, relaxes muscles, anti-inflammatory; external use reduces swelling, enhances healing in skin lesions.
- Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract – Amur Cork Tree bark with anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant properties; potential antibiotic and anticancer activities.
- Rheum Palmatum Root – (Chinese Rhubarb) – used to treat jaundice syndrome and liver disorders, and as a laxative.
- Saposhnikovia Divaricata Root Extract - known for treating inflammatory complaints like headache, body ache, pain in rheumatoid arthritis, and more.
- Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil (Grape) – warming in nature, the grapeseed oil is helpful in nourishing the blood, strengthening bones and tendons, harmonizing the stomach, relieving irritability, also used in the treatment of arthritis, tendonitis, painful urination, hepatitis, jaundice, anemia, and flu.